The Evil Mad Scientist Laboratories blog went live on June 21, a little more than six months ago. This week, we broke into the Technorati top 1000. w00t!
As of yesterday, our technorati rank was 992, with over 2100 links from over 1200 blogs. Thanks everyone!
Some of our stories got a lot of attention, particularly the following ones:
- How to make the simplest electric motor
- Interactive LED Dining Table
- Make A Cylon Jack-O-Lantern
- How to hack LEDs into Lego minifigures for Halloween and the Lego Abominations
- Turn an RC car into a floor sweeper!
- How to Build a Better Bat Costume and a Crocodile Costume
- Building a Robotic Dalek Pumpkin
- Dessert sushi
Here are some of the other stories that we really liked, even though they didn’t get as much attention:
- Edible origami cranes
- Demonstrate Magnetohydrodynamic propulsion in one minute
- High-tech holiday decorations
- Christmas chaos
- Vintage Remote TV-B-Gone Case Mod
- Crafty fridge magnets
We’ve also (somehow) become “authoritative” in several subjects. According to technorati we are an authority on cooking, DIY, and craft. What this really means is that not very many folks tag their blogs well for technorati, but hey, we don’t mind being the top authority on electronics.
So, maybe all this popularity and authority means that we really are making the world a better place (one evil mad scientist at a time). Or it could be a sign that our reign of terror is getting off to a great start, Muahahahaaaa! If you think so, (shameless plug ahead) feel free to nominate us for the 2007 Bloggies, perhaps in the new blogs category. But hurry, nominations end on January 10. In the meantime, we’re going to bask in the glow of our rankings and look forward to the next six months.
— Lenore and Windell