Our friend Jonathan Foote, after a disappointing experience with a commercially available timed cat feeder, hooked up one of our Art Controller relay boards to an automated candy machine and posted about the project.
Jonathan says, “The resulting hack will reliably and elegantly deliver meals to my favorite pet.”
Happy birthday to us! Evil Mad Scientist Laboratories has now been around for four years. We’ve collected some interesting projects from this past year to celebrate.
Microcontroller and Electronics Projects:
Simple LED Projects:
And, don’t forget, you can win a Peggy 2 or one of 13 other prizes in our clock
concept contest, going on this week.
Cheap RC car + piece of string = radio control string cat toy
From the Cartoon Laws of Physics comes the following wisdom:
Cartoon Law VIII: Any violent rearrangement of feline matter is impermanent.
Cartoon cats possess even more deaths than the traditional nine lives might
comfortably afford. They can be decimated, spliced, splayed,
accordion-pleated, spindled, or disassembled, but they cannot be destroyed.
After a few moments of blinking self pity, they reinflate, elongate, snap
back, or solidify.
Corollary: A cat will assume the shape of its container.
Happy birthday to us! Evil Mad Scientist Laboratories is now three years old.
To celebrate, we’re rounding up our most interesting projects from this past year.
Quick projects and observations:
Simple LED Projects:
Neat! Evil Mad Scientist Laboratories cats Harley (left) and JellyBean (right) are making a guest appearance on I Can Has Cheezburger? today.
photo by Caitlin Burke
Lots of folks have been making our cardboard cat chaise to mollify their feline companions, so we thought it was about time for a round up.
- abehman made one and painted it red to complement Alowishus’ lovely shade of grey.
- Blog of Fun padded theirs with The Kid’s favorite bath mat.
- scottb12t3 on flickr caught Toby using his.
- odyniec.net used this as an excuse to make a unit conversion script since he prefers metric (can’t blame him).
- Empty-handed‘s chaise clearly got immediate use.
- Caitlin not only put Mr Bun’s chaise on Thing a day, but also augmented it with the tasseled cushion you can see in the photo above.
If I missed yours, drop me a note in the comments. And if you make one, we’d love to see it in the flickr auxiliary!
Update: Here are more: