Speaking of bugs… The first time I posted my long troubleshooting story, I mis-formatted the code tags. When I went to edit them, and then clicked “Submit”, the entire post was deleted. The topic still existed, but with 0 posts. (Fortunately I had originally typed up my EggBot novella in an offline text editor.) I am using Brave, Version 0.70.121, if that matters. I think the shield was up at the time I tried to submit the edits.
Also, this conversation shows up here: https://www.evilmadscientist.com/forums/ as the most recent Egg-Bot post, if you click on the timestamp link, but it does not show up here: https://www.evilmadscientist.com/forums/forum/egg-bot/ in the list of topics. Which is a bit weird. (That could be a moderation queue thingy, I suppose.)
I mention these things in case it’s also happening to other people or posts.