Re: 400 steps / revolution steppermotors higher speeds than 1000 steps per second

Home Evil Mad Scientist Forums Egg-Bot 400 steps / revolution steppermotors higher speeds than 1000 steps per second Re: 400 steps / revolution steppermotors higher speeds than 1000 steps per second

StefanL38
Participant
EDIT2:
through some more try and error I found this codeline
strOutput = ‘,’.join( ) + ‘r’  #this line determines the plotting-speed 
The first parameter of the SM-command is “duration” which means the time within the move to the new coordinates
shall be finished. So a smaller value means less time => higher speed. So I added a “/ 4” divide by four
to get shorter duration-values. This means now the speeds setup in the eggbotcontrol must be multiplied by 4
to get the real speed. 
But that’s no good coding-style. Can somebody explain to me how the code works or modifying the code in a way that higher speeds than 1000 steps/per second is possible and the speed-value in the eggbot-control represents the real speed? 
The construction of my DIY-eggbot-mechanic has to parts that form the arm holding the pen.
Inside this arm there is a little play (space) which means the horizontal part of the arm can move a little bit where it shouldn’t. You can seen this at higher speeds as overmove of the pen through inertia. 
Any ideas on how to get rid of the play? The original Kit has a a plastic joint which is just one part.
Very clever solution cheap and stiff against moving and as it is just ONE part there is no space for play possible.
 best regards  
  Stefan