Re: avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding problem with Meggy Jr

Home Evil Mad Scientist Forums LED Matrix Kits avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding problem with Meggy Jr Re: avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding problem with Meggy Jr

Windell Oskay
Keymaster

Once the kit is put together and powered on — assuming that you’ve finished assembly — there is a built-in (preprogrammed) game there, with lights and sound. You should definitely try and get to the point of having that working, so that you know that the hardware is put together correctly, *before* trying to program it… and it sounds like you need to stop there, and double-check everything.  If you did accidentally succeed and put some other program on it already, that could potentially make it much harder to troubleshoot any hardware issues.

With the buzzer not installed, you obviously won’t get any sound. By “option LEDs”, I assume you mean the row at the top.
I’ve never seen that programming cable before. I’m not sure what chip it has inside; it *may* require a driver to work properly. Also, you should check its pinout against a standard USB-TTL cable for comparison– there is no “green” and “black” end, so you’ll need to make sure that you’ve got the cable correctly oriented (and that the wires match up to what the normal order is).