Thanks for your patience, Windell. I did more tests as you suggested and I think I’ve found the culprit. The screw that adjusts the height of the distal arm wasn’t as tight as it could be. It was a bit deceiving because while the screw felt tight, gently twisting the arm showed that it would rotate out of alignment very easily.
After tightening the screw further and running some more tests, it’s much improved. Either that or I did something else during my tests that helped. Regardless I seem to be up and printing again until the next user error, haha.
Thanks again for your help. I love this machine :)