Re: Some print problems with my EggBot

Home Evil Mad Scientist Forums Egg-Bot Some print problems with my EggBot Re: Some print problems with my EggBot

#22305
Bob2299
Participant

Hi,

Well, this was not easy.  I got the printing right side up on the egg being guided by your tip, but since my first two settings in options were already checked I reasoned that I should uncheck them, success on that item.

Re my outlines problem, to explain a little better.  When I scanned the art the lines were fairly thick so when I went to print them they printed as outlines.  I found a way in Inkscape to make it show the lines as outlines and was then able to fill them using hatchfill.

The printing out of register was out of position in the length direction ie. the fill was shifted towards the tailstock.  I did not think this was from egg slippage and was able to resolve by changing the hatch fill to 180 deg instead  of the 90 deg.  Problem solved.  Then as I was doing a print the pen began doing weird things and it was slippage of the pen arm and motor.  The set screw holding the arm is in a metal washer which is glued in place to prevent movement.  The glue/wood/metal bond failed, (looks like minimal adhesive).  I scraped it clean and epoxied it.  This I think was what caused the out of register printing, as the pen arm moved rapidly back and forth from head to tail stocks it caused slight movement ot the loose fit of the shaft and pen arm of about 1/32″. 

Your direction to the trouble shooting wicki certainly helps as well.  It is surprising how comlex this “simple” little device is and both how accurate and reproducible it is when dialed in properly.

Finally I was able to do what I wanted.  I am having a friend who has a wood lathe turn a finail and woden top for a screw-eye.  When complete I will send you a photo.

Again, thanks.

Bob