Re: Where can I find full docs for Mega Menorah 9000?

Home Evil Mad Scientist Forums Larson Scanner and Menorah Where can I find full docs for Mega Menorah 9000? Re: Where can I find full docs for Mega Menorah 9000?

Windell Oskay
Keymaster

That is not “no documentation” — it’s a _very_ clear description of how to operate the color modes:

1. To advance between the 24 color modes, you press the color button.
2. To advance between the four brightness/flickering modes, instead of pressing, hold down the color button (until it updates).

Does that set of instructions include a list of what the color order is? No, but it is _very_ clear that you need a separate action to get from flickering mode back to non-flickering mode. And, if you’ve understood those two things above, and spent perhaps a minute trying different settings to learn to learn the difference between pressing and holding, then it shouldn’t take very long to go from any one mode to any other, even if you don’t remember the color order (I don’t). It takes me about six seconds to cycle through the full set of color modes (red back to red), and about six seconds more to cycle through the full set of brightness/flickering modes. Even if you go quite a bit more slowly to look at every mode as it goes by, it’s still hard to imagine spending a full sixty seconds to get from any one mode to any other.

And, that’s _not_ the only documentation. If you were to have read just one sentence further in the documentation (which again, exists) you might have seen this written down: “Please visit our documentation site: http://wiki.evilmadscientist.com/mm9k for extended docs, resources, and programming information.”