Reply To: Single stroke font to mimic handwriting – options under $100?

Home Evil Mad Scientist Forums AxiDraw Single stroke font to mimic handwriting – options under $100? Reply To: Single stroke font to mimic handwriting – options under $100?

markitzero
Participant

Thanks for the reply; I have indeed looked through the Hershey Advanced stroke font options and played with them a bit (including testing some of the ‘defect-adding’ tools). Have you considered adding multiple glyphs per character as one of the ‘defect’ options available in the standard AxiDraw/Inkscape package? IMO that’s the prime culprit that makes them still seem somewhat un-humanlike, and I would think that that wouldn’t be, relatively speaking, all that complicated to add. Looking for example at the “EMS Tech” Hershey Advanced stroke font — that’s a neat, arguably human-like font but wouldn’t simply having, say, 3 glyphs per character get you like 90% of the way there to being a credible reproduction of handwriting? It’s cursive, so none of the letters touch each other, so it seems like simply adding 2-3 subtle variants for each letter would be relatively straight-forward. Is that something you’ve considered for a future addition? (Or is it perhaps not as straight-forward as I might think?)