For Hanukkah this year, Ol Rappaport modified one of our Deluxe LED Menorah kits into a custom fluorescent acrylic body, substituted UV LEDs and used a USB power supply.
- Paper Pulp 3D Printer
- Jackie Speier on Surviving Jonestown
- Puzzle Montage Art by Tim Klein
- London Tube Cutaways
- Why your mental map of the world is (probably) wrong
- Rare microbes lead scientists to discover new branch on the tree of life
- OSH Park launched a snazzy new Flex PCB service
- The Lunar Swirl
- Siser EasyWeed, a laser-friendly, vinyl-cutter-friendly iron-on material. Neat.
- The fake rolex of canned tomatoes
- Tymkrs and the Art of Circuitry
- Retro tees at Radio Shack
- Screen printed Circuit Portraits
He’s also having a give-away for his example basket!
To be eligible, all you have to do is post an entry, on Twitter, Instagram, or Facebook, mentioning my book, this article, and/or the idea of a tool gift bag, and include this link and hashtag: https://amzn.to/2DPaXAd #tipsandtalesfromtheworkshop. The only things you have to include are the link and the hashtag. You can post as many times as you like. On Dec 12th, I’ll do a random drawing from the hash-tagged entries and send out your gift basket.
Note: This drawing is only available to those residing in the United States.
We’ve just added two new magnetic easels for AxiDraw to our lineup of AxiDraw accessories. They are sturdy work-holding tools that provide an alternative method of positioning paper or other workpieces for use with the AxiDraw. A heavy-duty alternative to the regular clip easel, they can be used with binder clips or the included positioning rulers and magnets.
He draws on copper clad boards with a Sharpie marker with the AxiDraw.
Drawing is followed by a chemical bath.
The marker is cleaned off of the remaining copper to reveal the design. It came out beautifully.
— PatricioGonzalezVivo (@patriciogv) November 10, 2018
If you’ve used the AxiDraw for marker masking for etching, we’d love to hear about it!
- Radio waves from our galaxy, the Milky Way, reflecting off the surface of the Moon.
- VFX Artist Reveals the Relative Sizes of Stars.
- The Forgotten Cold War Plan That Put a Ring of Copper Around the Earth.
- Two bits per transistor: high-density ROM in Intel’s 8087 floating point chip.
- The Chinese Mountain Cat.
- Stammer: A Stamp Hammer.
- Musical aside: The Cure, in their very first TV performance, played an early version of A Forest in 1979.
- Additive Pens: 3D printed fountain pens.
- DIY Radio Telescope.
- Textbook Crosswind Landing by a 747 (Youtube).
- The textbook Physically Based Rendering: From Theory To Implementation, by Matt Pharr, Wenzel Jakob, and Greg Humphreys, is now free to read online.
- 3D print your own Think-a-Dot.
- Fold N Fly: A database of paper airplanes with easy to follow folding instructions.
- ᚛ᚈᚑᚋ ᚄᚉᚑᚈᚈ᚜ and ᚛ᚑᚌᚐᚋ᚜: The Ogham Space Mark.
- Hobby servos converted to 3D printed linear actuators.
- StringyPlotter: A program to produce continuous line drawings from black and white bitmap images.