Reply To: Can I pin / dock any of the Axidraw menus in the Inkscape taskbar or sidebar?

Home Evil Mad Scientist Forums AxiDraw Can I pin / dock any of the Axidraw menus in the Inkscape taskbar or sidebar? Reply To: Can I pin / dock any of the Axidraw menus in the Inkscape taskbar or sidebar?

Windell Oskay
Keymaster

I don’t think that there’s a way to create a shortcut to start a plot specifically, rather than just running the last command or opening the control panel.

Since you like to tinker you might consider one or more of the following:

* Create a duplicate copy of AxiDraw Control (axidraw.inx in your Inkscape extensions directory). Change the id attribute so that it’s unique, and potentially change the name attribute so that it has a different name in the menu. Then, you’ll have two copies of AxiDraw Control in your Inkscape extensions menu after restarting Inskcape. Inkscape will store a separate set of settings for both, including which tab was open. If you give each a keyboard shortcut, then you can leave the second one for just plotting.

* Try the AxiDraw CLI. You can create command-line shortcuts for plotting. This can be as automatic as saving the file in Inkscape and using “up-arrow return” in the terminal to plot it.