Re: 400 steps / revolution steppermotors higher speeds than 1000 steps per second

Home Evil Mad Scientist Forums Egg-Bot 400 steps / revolution steppermotors higher speeds than 1000 steps per second Re: 400 steps / revolution steppermotors higher speeds than 1000 steps per second

StefanL38
Participant
Hi Ragnar,
I guess my motors can move pretty fast because of the specs
current up to 1.7A holding torque 0,89 Nm.
I bought them from here

For pen Up/Down I got the idea of a linear magnet. But maybe the move down is to fast damaging the pen.
Would you mind to share your modified construction?

For exact repositioning the pens. One idea that I have is to mount some kind of quick mount/release part
on the pens which have a standardised shape which can be mounted / released easily in an exact position
on the arm. some kind of a cone or at least something rectangular where you push both parts together
on plane surfaces.

As I have looked into the code. The protocol seems to be quite simple. Send duration, Motornumbers and coordinates sending back “OK”

I’m coding for the 8-core propellerchip. There are step/dir drivers that include ramping. 
But I guess it is still some weeks of work to get a propeller-based EBB to work with the existing
EggBot-extension.

best regards  

Stefan