Re: Further help needed debugging


Wow, fixed in record time! I now have eight functioning panels. I do not know how to thank you.

I rechecked the solder joints and one seemed sketchy, so I redid it. No change. While the panel was powered on, I looked closely at the front of the panel. Most of my debugging has focused on the back. I saw a little piece of metal sticking up that must have been pushed out when I struggled to get the diode through the blocked hole. Thinking the piece of metal should be removed, I used a mini screwdriver to take it of. When that piece of metal contacted my screwdriver which as also touching the diode’s wire, the lights changed and started blinking in the correct pattern. So I soldered that piece of metal on top of the panel and it works perfectly. I can not believe it is finally working.
You were dead on in that last post. And I rarely give up.
So thanks a million.