I’ve got 7 out of 8 panels running perfectly. The 8th will have some issues. I had a blocked hole for the diode and struggled to get the diode through it. Tried a lot of different things to unblock the hole. I also had to use a resistor that I had accidentally put in to a practice board (I started using the Evil Mad Science ones by accident. I later had to remove it from the practice board and use it for the 8th panel as I ran out). So that last panel has some work on it before it wil be working.
But the most important thing to point out is that your suggestions have given me the confidence I needed to debug the panels. I fixed 2 based on your advice. Thanks a million.