January 15, 2016 at 1:41 pm #22392
For reference, the servo should be hooked up as follows:
1. First orient the EBB so that you are looking at the side with the components.
2. Rotate the board until the terminal block is to the left, and the USB and power are to the right.
3. The servo motor connects to the lowest three pins on the left hand side, terminal B1.
4. The ground wire of the servo motor should be towards the outside (left hand side) of the board. This is usually a brown or black wire.
Now, an EBB does not “see” stepper motors. It can issue commands to them, but does not actually detect whether or not they are present. Can you please specify a more clearly what the problem is?
– What power supply are you using?
– Is the board working otherwise, for example with stepper motors?
– After the servo motor is connected, is it energized? That is, does it resist turning of its output shaft?
– How are you trying to control it?