Autofeed paper Machine

Home Evil Mad Scientist Forums AxiDraw Autofeed paper Machine

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Kevin
    Participant

Hello,
    We would like to utilize the AxiDraw machine for commercial purposes. We are looking to have an auto loader machine.

Has anyone worked with this or know of any way to set up an autoload feeder for the paper?

Thank you.

Kevin

Windell Oskay
    Keymaster

We do not currently offer an auto-feed mechanism for AxiDraw. We have, however, seen quite a few cases where people are using them.

Some are home-built mechanisms — complex and special-purpose. Some others are as simple as a cheap inkjet printer set in front of the AxiDraw, to “print” a blank page before printing each page with the AxiDraw.

More commonly, though, people use existing paper handling tools. Print shops have tools to move paper from point A to point B, and the print shops that are using our machines use standard paper handling tools to put material in front of them.

John
    Participant

I’ve been searching for these commercial devices that move paper and can’t seem to find much online – I feel like I’m just searching for the wrong things. Do you have any examples of the commercially available equipment that would work well with AxiDraw so I could get on the right track for looking things up?

Thanks,

John

Windell Oskay
    Keymaster

People who have built integrations with the AxiDraw and automatic feeders tend to regard that solution as their trade secret.

I would recommend that you try contacting companies that supply equipment to print shops, rather than just searching online. You might be able to find used versions of paper feeders that normally go for $10k+ at a fraction of that price. Not to mention people that can help you navigate terminology.

In addition to the inkjet method, another solution that we hae seen a few times is to use a low-cost robot arm like the Dobot Magician ( https://www.robotshop.com/en/dobot-robotic-arm-magician-basic-plan.html ) with its suction cup accessory.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Autofeed paper Machine’ is closed to new replies.