Can I install Inkscape and AxiDraw plugins on my computer?

Home Evil Mad Scientist Forums AxiDraw Can I install Inkscape and AxiDraw plugins on my computer?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Fabrice
    Participant

I have a MacBook Air late 2010, running High Sierra.

Whenever I try to install Inkscape on it, it asks me to install Xquartz when I launch Inkscape (whether I install it from the 1.0 or the 0.92 installers).
    It’s annoying, but whatever, I installed Xquartz.

But after I run the Installer for AxiDraw tools, and restart the computer, I cannot find the AxiDraw extensions in the Extensions menu of Inkscape (running inside Xquartz).

All this is mildly infuriating and I’d really like to be able to either install Inkscape natively or simply be able to use AxiDraw plugins… thanks!

Windell Oskay
    Keymaster

Inkscape 1.0 and newer does not _ever_ need XQuartz. I would recommend that you remove each version of XQuartz and Inkscape from your computer, and make sure that they are fully removed. Then, and only then, install Inkscape 1.1.1.

If Inkscape 1.1.1 asks you for XQuartz, please show me exactly what the message looks like so that we can try to figure out what’s going wrong.

Fabrice
    Participant

Thank you! It worked! What I did was download the 1.1.1 installer from a new computer then send the installer file to the older computer – I think their website detect the browser version or computer and send you to an older installer?
    Anyways, it worked thanks!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Can I install Inkscape and AxiDraw plugins on my computer?’ is closed to new replies.