Eggbot – PC communication problems

Home Evil Mad Scientist Forums Egg-Bot Eggbot – PC communication problems

Tagged: 

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Will
    Participant

I can’t get my PC to communicate with my EBB V2.5 board. I have installed Inkscape version 1.1.2 and the eggbot extensions. Eggbot shows up under the Inkscape extensions. I bought the board a couple of years ago and am just getting the time to get it working. When I try and move the pen arm up or down I get an error that says “Failed to connect to Eggbot” I have also looked for the comm ports in the device manager and I can’t find any. Any idea what I am missing.
    Many thanks for any help!
    Will

Windell Oskay
    Keymaster

Try restarting the computer, and then connect to the EBB with USB only, without any extra power to the board.

If you can’t make a good connection, then try a different USB cable, USB adapter, or USB port. The most likely situation by far is that the USB cable (or adapter, etc) isn’t properly wired for this.

Will
    Participant

I’m sorry for the long reply time. Work, age, you get the drift. I checked out my USB cable on multiple other devices and it worked. I also tried another cable just to see if there was a difference. No communication. I also tried a different port and that didn’t help. Also restarted the computer but that didn’t help either. I was thinking of hooking an arduino into the computer just to see if it was recognized.

Will

Will
    Participant

As a side note concerning the two green leds on the board. One is on solid and the other is flashing quickly. I think this is referring to the lack of communication.
    Will

Windell Oskay
    Keymaster

Just because a USB cable works on other devices does not necessarily mean that it will work on the EBB. Different USB devices use different wiring within the cable, and we regularly see cases meeting your description where it *was* the cable or usb adapter.

Assuming you purchased the EBB from us, you could return it to us for inspection or repair, or you might consider trying a new cable.

Will
    Participant

I’ll pick up another USB cable and give that a shot. BTW, I did purchase the board from your company and you guys are great. Thanks for the support I do appreciate it. I’ll let you know how things are going when I get the cable.
    Will

Will
    Participant

I got another USB to micro B cord and the problem is SOLVED. You guys rock! Thank you so much for the help. The problem was the cord.

Will

Windell Oskay
    Keymaster

Fantastic; very glad to hear it!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Eggbot – PC communication problems’ is closed to new replies.