eibotboard on raspberry pi

Home Evil Mad Scientist Forums Egg-Bot eibotboard on raspberry pi

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    polemicist
    Participant

I’m trying to get my eibot board working with a new raspberry pi model B. The Pi recognized the board when it is plugged in, dmesg says…

using dwc_otg
    product EiBotBoard
    manufacturer SchmalzHaus
    Sorry, I’m not able to cut and paste the actual message in. Anyhow, there seems to be no virtual serial port created and when I run the eggbot plugin to inkscape it simply says “Unable to find Eggbot on any serial port :(“
    I have used this eibotboard on a regular x84 based PC and I know it works. I also have a pretty big 5V power supply that shoudl eb producing plenty of current. Does anyone have any experience getting this working with RPi ? Can you give me some more troubleshooting tips please.
    I’m using raspberian, uname -a says its a version 3.2.27+ #250 PREEMPT kernel.
    Cheers…
    Windell Oskay
    Keymaster

Here’s a project using an EiBotBoard and a RPi:

So, it is possible, certainly.  In that project, it enumerates as /dev/ttyACM0.
    You might try connecting a few times, and you might try unplugging it and back in again.
    polemicist
    Participant

Thanks for your comment Windell. 

I was able to solve the issue (at least part way, I am not set up to test it thoroughly tonight) by adding the eiBot vendor and product id in my /lib/modules/3.6.11+/modules.usbmap file.

After I did that, plugging in the device led to the creation of the /dev/ttyACM0 node that had previously not been created by hotplug.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.