Error when importing from AI

Home Evil Mad Scientist Forums AxiDraw Error when importing from AI

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Chris
    Participant

Hi all

I’m new here and I have a question I can’t find a answer in the forum (or maybe just didn’t see).

I converted a pic to pathes in Adobe Illustrator and exported it as .svg. When I open it in Inkscape, I’m unable to print it. I get the following error message:

Traceback (most recent call last):
    File “axidraw.py”, line 2719, in <module>
    e.affect()
    File “/Applications/Inkscape.app/Contents/Resources/share/inkscape/extensions/inkex.py”, line 265, in affect
    self.getposinlayer()
    File “/Applications/Inkscape.app/Contents/Resources/share/inkscape/extensions/inkex.py”, line 207, in getposinlayer
    x = self.unittouu( xattr[0] + ‘px’ )
    File “/Applications/Inkscape.app/Contents/Resources/share/inkscape/extensions/inkex.py”, line 351, in unittouu
    return retval * (self.__uuconv[u.string[u.start():u.end()]] / self.__uuconv[self.getDocumentUnit()])
    File “/Applications/Inkscape.app/Contents/Resources/share/inkscape/extensions/inkex.py”, line 304, in getDocumentUnit
    p = param.match(svgwidth)
    TypeError: expected string or buffer

I’m sure it’s just a little thing I miss. But I’m very greatful for your help!

Best, Chris

Windell Oskay
    Keymaster

The error indicates (though not very clearly) that the document has “screen” units (pixels), rather than physical units for the size of the document. Start with a document in Inkscape (for example a letter or A4 template), and use File > Import to bring your SVG in.

Chris
    Participant

Thank you very much for the fast answer! Your advice solved the problem.

Windell Oskay
    Keymaster

Great!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.