Error with Eggbot

Home Evil Mad Scientist Forums Egg-Bot Error with Eggbot

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    martelfab
    Participant

I am asking for help regarding my eggbot. Not sure what the problem is? So far I have my eggbot built and connected to my mac laptop running 10.5.8.

I have XQuartz running 2.6.3. Inkspace is 0.48.2. The EBB firmware is 1.82. I am just trying to adjust the pen motor and press apply in the extensions and I get an error Traceback (most recent call last):
      File “eggbot.py”, line 30, in <module>
        import serial
    ImportError: No module named serial
    every single time. The led is flashing slow green on the Eibot board. Which means it is communicating. Not sure what the problem is. Thanks for helping. 
    • This topic was modified 5 years, 9 months ago by Windell Oskay.
    Windell Oskay
    Keymaster

Please try this version of the installer, which was created specifically to solve this issue, and let me know how it goes:

(If it does not work, I have a workaround that is known to work, but I’d really prefer to verify that the new installer solves the issue.)
    martelfab
    Participant

Hi Windell,

I had eggbot control extension version 2.2.2 installed before. I was getting my errors with this version. I downloaded the 2.3.1 beta version you sent the link to. It didn’t work at first. But I did a clean install of inkspace and reinstalled the eggbot control extension 2.3.1. and now it works! Thank you so much. I went to the extension section and noticed that it shows that the version is displayed as 2.2.1. Not sure what that means. Thanks again.
    Windell Oskay
    Keymaster

OK, great– thanks!  I’ll mark this one as the “featured” installer. :D

As for the version number, it probably should have been updated, but was not since (IIRC) only the “extra” extensions and the installer itself were updated. 
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.