Having power issue with EBB board – SOLVED

Home Evil Mad Scientist Forums AxiDraw Having power issue with EBB board – SOLVED

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    DanDan_DCA
    Participant

Hi All, I’m hoping this helps anyone experiencing the same issue.

Brand new AxiDraw V3 with about 5 hours of use. Then all of a sudden low voltage warning in inkscape, no movement on the servo, no movement on the XY axis. When sending commands I get a stuttered/ticking sound with about 1 second increments on the motors, again without the movement. I checked the wall wart, the usb plugs, everything checked out so wasn’t sure what was going on.

To fix it: (*with the power and USB unplugged) I checked the cables connecting to the green terminal block just above the headers where the servo connection is. There are 8 cables in the connectors …pushed them around with my finger for a bit to see if any connections were loose. When I plugged the power back in, the axidraw was functioning again and I was back to plotting with no issues.

One of the cables must have been loose from factory and lost connection from vibrations during plotting.

Easy fix to try. Hope it helps.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • The topic ‘Having power issue with EBB board – SOLVED’ is closed to new replies.