HELP

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    Windell Oskay
    Keymaster

Can you please let me know:
    * Which operating system this is on
    * Which version of Inkscape
    * How you installed the EggBot software– was it bundled with AxiDraw, for example?

Linda
    Participant

Hey,

thank you for your response.

here are my anwers for your questions:
    Which operating system this is on: Microsoft, Windows 10
    Which version of Inkscape: 1.1
    How you installed the EggBot software– was it bundled with AxiDraw, for example?: Yes

Windell Oskay
    Keymaster

Can you please check the EBB firmware version? You can do this in EggBot Control by selecting the Manual tab, and then selecting “Check EBB Version” and clicking Apply.

Linda
    Participant

I asked the EBB for its version info, and it replied:
    EBBv13_and_above EB Firmware Version 2.7.0

Linda
    Participant

I can also not stopp drawing pressing the PRG button on the EBB..it’s not reacting

Windell Oskay
    Keymaster

The PRG thing is interesting. That could be a side-effect of the greater problem you are seeing (the excess errors being returned), and it could the root cause — if the PRG button were malfunctioning, that could also potentially cause some issues.

As a test, with the EggBot plugged into both power and USB, try pressing both the RST and PRG buttons at the same time. Then, release RST first and then release PRG. If both buttons are working correctly, that should put the EBB into a “bootloader” mode where it flashes red and green lights back and forth rhytmically. (Press RST again to exit this mode.)

Does that appear to work?

Linda
    Participant

yes, this is working

Windell Oskay
    Keymaster

All indications, thus far, are that the hardware is working correctly and that this sounds like some kind of software problem. I haven’t been able to reproduce it here.

Is your Windows installation in English, or some other language?

Linda
    Participant

Its in english

Windell Oskay
    Keymaster

Is the EggBot connected directly to the computer by a USB cable, or is there any kind of hub, adapter, or interface between them?

Linda
    Participant

It is directly conneceted by a USB cable…i tried several USB cables

Windell Oskay
    Keymaster

Hmm. Everything you’ve described seems correct in the setup, and I haven’t found anything that points to what the problem might be. Let’s try a different approach.

First, please disconnect the EggBot from both power and USB, and then connect the USB cable (only) to it.

Here’s a very small test file:
    https://evilmadscientist.s3.us-east-1.amazonaws.com/scratch/eb-axi-test.svg

Please open that in Inkscape, open Extensions > AxiDraw Control…, and select the first tab, called “Plot”, and then click Apply. Does that produce the same kind of communication error messages?

If you’d like to try this test with power, that’s fine too, but in the Timing tab of AxiDraw Control, change the top two numbers (writing/drawing and pen-up speeds) both to 1 (1% speed) first.

BamBam
    Participant

I need to jump in here also. I have a new (a few weeks old) EBB that is having almost the same problem that Linda is describing. I get the same errors;
    Unexepcted response from EBB.
    Command: SM,13,-3,2
    Response: 0
    Unexepcted response from EBB.
    Command: SM,11,-1,3
    Response: 0
    displayed when the print is done with some shift in the drawing in the X axis (egg motor movement). The shift is easily to spot. If I simply reprint the same print, it has moved in the X direction.
    This seems to be happening mostly when I print files that do longer movements in the X direction like making 6 similar images around the egg. If I make only one of the images it works fine.
    I’ve noticed this on more than one file that I have made or downloaded. I thought it was something I had wrong until I ran into the post.
    If you ask me the same questions that you asked Linda, the answers are the same as far as versions. The one difference is that I use the eggbot extensions in inkscape, not the axidraw extensions (I thought they were for the axidraw machine).
    I printed the test file you sent with the eggbot extensions with no errors.

Windell Oskay
    Keymaster

@BamBam:

You are describing what sounds like a different set of symptoms that has some overlap.

Can you please clearly state:
    – Which OS and version
    – Which exact machine you are using
    – EBB firmware version

The issue that Linda was describing was with the EggBot, not AxiDraw. I’m not sure what you mean by “The one difference is that I use the eggbot extensions […]”

I’m not sure what file you are referring to being sent with the EggBot extensions — we haven’t posted any extensions in this thread, just a test file.

If you think that the issue you are seeing is file dependent — not occurring with the test file that we posted but occurring with one of your files — then please consider sending us a copy of the file to test.

BamBam
    Participant

Sure.

Windows 10
    Inscape 1.1
    EBBv13_and_above EB Firmware Version 2.7.0
    DIY eggbot with your EBB

Sorry, I wasn’t clear. I am using an DIY “eggbot” with your EBB. I realize that Linda is having a problem with the eggbot. The confusion comes from when you talked about using AxiDraw to troubleshoot her problems.

What I meant was the I printed the file you posted using the eggbot extensions in inkscape. (IT all made perfect sense to me when I wrote it but I can see that it can be confusing)

Yes, I would be happy to send you a file. I do have a file that always
    generates errors. Let me know where to send it.

B

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.