Hershey Text .svg fonts in .ttf format?

Home Evil Mad Scientist Forums AxiDraw Hershey Text .svg fonts in .ttf format?

Tagged: ,

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    fhaufe
    Participant

Hi community,

I’m currently trying to use the .svg fonts in a customized WordPress plugin. Unfortunately, the technology I’m using does not allow .svg fonts, but rather asks for .ttf format.

Does anybody know if the fonts are available somewhere in .ttf format, or if there is a way to convert them?

Thanks a lot!

Best,
    Florian

Windell Oskay
    Keymaster

If you are trying to display the fonts on a screen, outside of a vector-drawing application then neither stroke fonts nor SVG fonts are good choices.

There are ways to convert SVG fonts to TTF (including fontforge and convertio), but they will not necessarily be legible, since stroke fonts are constructed differently than outline fonts.

Most of the SVG fonts in our repository are based on outline fonts– you can use the TTF outline versions of those fonts from the original sources.

fhaufe
    Participant

Thanks for your reply!

It’s probably just me, but could you kindly point me in the direction of the original sources of the svg fonts ie the TTF outline versions?

Much appreciated!

Windell Oskay
    Keymaster

Please follow the link to the svg-fonts repository, and scroll down the page. The last half of the page is a big table of fonts and sources, including links to the google font pages.

fhaufe
    Participant

Thank you!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.