Inkscape does not see the Eggbot

Home Evil Mad Scientist Forums Egg-Bot Inkscape does not see the Eggbot

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    garnold
    Participant

I just finished putting together my Eggbot found on Thingiverse. I’m now trying to get the software part of the project working. I have installed the firmware from the project on my Arduino via the Arduino IDE. If I plug the Eggbot into my computer the servo goes up and down. I’m hoping that’s a good sign. I have taken care of the dialout requirements. This was something I needed to do previously to communicate with my Raspberry Pi Pico. So I know I have this part of the project correct. I can also see the Arduino in my serial list when I run ls /dev/tty*. When running that command I can see that the Arduino is running on /dev/ttyACM0. I have installed the Eggbot extension into Inkscape following the directions. The Eggbot extension is in Inkscape but when I try to run any commands I get back a message the Inkscape cannot find the device. I have read that I might have to edit a file and comment out some lines of code but when I look into following those directions the lines to comment no longer exist. I’m not sure what to do next and what directions to follow. I would love to have this working for my kids for Easter so any help would be wonderful! Thank you very much.

Windell Oskay
    Keymaster

The EggBot software is only designed and tested to work with the EggBot hardware.

While I’m sure that it’s possible to make firmware that runs on the Arduino or Pi Pico that emulates the regular firmware, I’m not sure what that is, and we certainly don’t provide any support for it.

I’d suggest that you follow up on whatever set of instructions you’re following for whatever software it is that you’re running. It’s not something that we can help with.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.