Inkscape extension crashes

Home Evil Mad Scientist Forums AxiDraw Inkscape extension crashes

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Chris D
    Participant

I’m very new to the Axidraw: attempting to preview my second ever plot via Inkscape, the extension crashes with the message below.

The SVG file I’m trying to send was generated by custom software: it loads into Inkscape without any errors or warnings.

I’m running Inkscape 1.2 on Arch Linux, with version 3.3.0 of the AxiDraw extensions.

Error message:

Traceback (most recent call last):
    File “/home/chris/.config/inkscape/extensions/axidraw_control.py”, line 32, in <module>
    exit_status.run(e.affect)
    File “/home/chris/.config/inkscape/extensions/axidraw_deps/ink_extensions_utils/exit_status.py”, line 26, in run
    return func(*args, **kwargs)
    File “/home/chris/.config/inkscape/extensions/axidraw_deps/ink_extensions/inkex.py”, line 291, in affect
    self.effect()
    File “/home/chris/.config/inkscape/extensions/axidraw_deps/axidrawinternal/axidraw_control.py”, line 185, in effect
    self.plot_to_axidraw(self.options.port, True)
    File “/home/chris/.config/inkscape/extensions/axidraw_deps/axidrawinternal/axidraw_control.py”, line 230, in plot_to_axidraw
    ad.effect() # Plot the document using axidraw.py
    File “/home/chris/.config/inkscape/extensions/axidraw_deps/axidrawinternal/axidraw.py”, line 395, in effect
    self.plot_document()
    File “/home/chris/.config/inkscape/extensions/axidraw_deps/axidrawinternal/axidraw.py”, line 760, in plot_document
    digest = digester.process_svg(self.svg, digest_params, self.svg_transform)
    File “/home/chris/.config/inkscape/extensions/axidraw_deps/axidrawinternal/digest_svg.py”, line 141, in process_svg
    self.traverse(node_list, mat_current)
    File “/home/chris/.config/inkscape/extensions/axidraw_deps/axidrawinternal/digest_svg.py”, line 389, in traverse
    instr.append([‘ L ‘, [x + width, y]])
    TypeError: unsupported operand type(s) for +: ‘NoneType’ and ‘float’

Windell Oskay
    Keymaster

Can you please share the SVG that is causing this?

Chris D
    Participant

I’ve tried to post the SVG file, but my posts keep disappearing. I’ll try again later.

Windell Oskay
    Keymaster

I’d suggest following up with support by email or in our support Discord; attachments are much easier in either of those ways.

Chris D
    Participant

OK — I’ve sent an email via the axidraw.com website.

Chris D
    Participant

Windell sent me the fix for this. My plot had a background colour rectangle with no x,y coordinates: I changed

<rect width=”100%” height=”100%” fill=”white”/>

to

<rect x=”0″ y=”0″ width=”100%” height=”100%” fill=”white”/>

and the crash went away.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Inkscape extension crashes’ is closed to new replies.