Inkscape – Failed to Connect to Eggbot

Home Evil Mad Scientist Forums Egg-Bot Inkscape – Failed to Connect to Eggbot

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    GI Joe
    Participant

Coming up on Easter 2022 and I’m Trying to work with my Eggbot again. I bought an Eggbot in 2020 * Order #: 1676731645* Date: Mon 30 Mar 2020 11:57:19 PM PD. I had it working a couple of years ago with an earlier version on Inkscape in Windows on my current PC. and had a ton of fun with it. Recently hooked it back up and tried to run it with no luck. I followed the recent documentation on your wiki and installed the AxiDraw drivers etc from the link. Got some kind of error message with old Inkscape (0.92.4) , so I installed the new version (1.1.2) and uninstalled the old Inkscape, And now I get a “Failed to connect to EggBot. :(” Error from the Eggbot control extension. I’ve tried re-installing Inkscape and the Axidraw package and rebooting, changing USB ports etc to no avail.
    I’m not too savvy anymore with regard to troubleshooting comm ports. So I’ll take any help I can get. Thanks. -Joe

Windell Oskay
    Keymaster

The situation like this — where you had it working, put it away for some time and then get it out again but you can’t connect — almost always turns out to be a cable issue.

I would suggest that you disconnect the EggBot from both power and USB. Restart your computer, and then try connecting by USB alone. Leave the power cord disconnected until you’re able to establish communication.

Try different USB cables, if you have them available. If you are using any kind of USB adapter, also try connecting directly instead, or with a different adapter.

GI Joe
    Participant

That did it! New cable and PC reboot. Thanx!!

Windell Oskay
    Keymaster

Great; very glad to hear it!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Inkscape – Failed to Connect to Eggbot’ is closed to new replies.