Inkscape (or dependencies) wrong version?

Home Evil Mad Scientist Forums AxiDraw Inkscape (or dependencies) wrong version?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    cogburnd02
    Participant

I’ve run this:

sudo apt-get purge inkscape
    sudo add-apt-repository ppa:inkscape.dev/stable
    sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get install inkscape

and then

inkscape –version

still gives me

Inkscape 0.92.5 (0.92.5+68)

(even though the software page seems to indicate that 1.0 is aavilable) and when I unpack the inkscape extensions & press apply after selecting ‘Toggle pen between up, down’ according to Section 4.4 of the intro guide, inkscape gives me this:

Traceback (most recent call last):
    File “axidraw_control.py”, line 10, in <module>
    axidraw_control = from_dependency_import(‘axidrawinternal.axidraw_control’)
    File “/home/cogburnd02/.config/inkscape/extensions/plot_utils_import.py”, line 36, in from_dependency_import
    module = import_module(module_name)
    File “/usr/lib/python2.7/importlib/__init__.py”, line 37, in import_module
    __import__(name)
    File “/home/cogburnd02/.config/inkscape/extensions/axidraw_deps/axidrawinternal/axidraw_control.py”, line 28, in <module>
    from axidrawinternal import axidraw # https://github.com/evil-mad/axidraw
    File “/home/cogburnd02/.config/inkscape/extensions/axidraw_deps/axidrawinternal/axidraw.py”, line 38, in <module>
    from axidrawinternal import axidraw_svg_reorder
    File “/home/cogburnd02/.config/inkscape/extensions/axidraw_deps/axidrawinternal/axidraw_svg_reorder.py”, line 44, in <module>
    plot_utils = from_dependency_import(‘plotink.plot_utils’) # https://github.com/evil-mad/plotink Requires version 0.15
    File “/home/cogburnd02/.config/inkscape/extensions/axidraw_deps/plotink/plot_utils_import.py”, line 36, in from_dependency_import
    module = import_module(module_name)
    File “/usr/lib/python2.7/importlib/__init__.py”, line 37, in import_module
    __import__(name)
    File “/home/cogburnd02/.config/inkscape/extensions/axidraw_deps/plotink/plot_utils.py”, line 40, in <module>
    from math import sqrt, isclose
    ImportError: cannot import name isclose

My distribution is Trisquel (flidas.)

What do I do?

Windell Oskay
    Keymaster

The issue is that you are running extensions that require Inkscape 1.0, while running Inkscape 0.9.

Update to Inkscape 1.0, if you want to use the current version of the AxiDraw software.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.