Larsen Scanner PCB “Option” holes

Home Evil Mad Scientist Forums Larson Scanner and Menorah Larsen Scanner PCB “Option” holes

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Super-Dave
    Participant

Just got & assembled my “solder Kitt”. I noticed there are 2 pairs of option pin holes as well as a 6 pin “J1” header and a few other unused holes on the board. I wonder what are they for? What will happen if I bridge or temporarily short the OPT.1/2 headers with a momentary push button switch? I don’t want to fry the chip or delete the programming. I’ve looked on the forums and searched Larsen scanner options but I cannot find anything other than daisy chaining more than one together (which requires reprogramming that I’m not comfortable with).

It seems there’s additional features encoded onto the PCB but I’m at a loss to find out what they are.

I got this kit to add to my PC build, I’m blinging it out with lights, switches and whatnot. I’ve extended the lights with wires to mount to the front panel along with a push button for mode control. I’m also going to power it from the 5v leg of the PSU thru a LM317 voltage regulator set to 3.125 volts DC to ensure it doesn’t overvolt the LEDs and shorten their lifespan.

Windell Oskay
    Keymaster

Option 1 gives it the “narrow eye” mode, same as holding down the button at turn-on.

Option 2 makes the lights march slowly in one direction only.

https://wiki.evilmadscientist.com/Larson_Scanner

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.