Laser Printer, axidraw hybrid images?

Home Evil Mad Scientist Forums AxiDraw Laser Printer, axidraw hybrid images?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Ivankov
    Participant

Im having a hard time creating hybrid images. I print my image with a lazer printer from inkscape. Then place the printed paper down so my axi can draw in additional layers with my pen. However there appears to be some kind of difference in the image size or something. Because even when I use calibration techniques like drawing a square in the bottom right with the lazer printer and then going over it with the pen , the top of the page and the bottom of the page appear to be different. For example a box printed with my lazer printer at the top of the paper and also at the bottom of the paper. I can nudge the image in inkscape until my pen coordinates with the bottom box. But the top box is not coordinated somehow.

Whats causing things to be out of sync? Some kind of lazer printer setting?

Windell Oskay
    Keymaster

The first thing to do is to make sure that each machine is giving the proper size elements. If you draw, for example, a 4-inch (10 cm) square, and print it with each machine, do you get something that is *actually* the right size when you measure with a ruler?

Ivankov
    Participant

They are both making a 10cm line.

Windell Oskay
    Keymaster

Next, try other sizes– up to the maximum that you can plot on both the laser and AxiDraw. At some point, if they disagree, then you may have a starting place for understanding what the issue is.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.