Meggy JR not working

Home Evil Mad Scientist Forums LED Matrix Kits Meggy JR not working

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Vanessa
    Participant

Hi,
    When turning on power nothing happens. This is our (myself and son) first soldering project so it is possible that we damaged something. We went over the instructions again and checked the orientation and made sure each part was in the correct position but when the power is turned on nothing happens. I have verified that power is getting to the U1 chip with a voltmeter. I have looked for shorts from soldering but haven’t seen any. I am at a loss what else I should be checking. Can someone guide me in next steps?

Thanks,
    Vanessa

P.S. I have also looked at the forum post titled (help needed to in getting Meggy RGB Jr. going (newbies)) for some clues and it looks like those connections are working.

Windell Oskay
    Keymaster

First, turn power off, and don’t turn it back on again until you’ve double checked everything.

The vast majority of issues when you’re getting started happen as the following, in order of how common they are:

* Missing or incomplete solder joints. Check for any solder joints that look dry, cracked, or blobby. Solder joints should form a neat, shiny meniscus without gaps or blobs.

* Short circuits — accidental bridges between neighboring pins or solder dust that makes connections between things.

* Components in the wrong locations

* Missing components

* Components backwards

If it were here on the bench in front of me, those are the things that we would be checking.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.