new Inkscape 0.92?

Home Evil Mad Scientist Forums AxiDraw new Inkscape 0.92?

Tagged: 

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    tttp
    Participant

Does AxiDraw work with the new Inkscape 0.92?

Windell Oskay
    Keymaster

We have not finished testing it. (It will work, but does not yet.) I would advise holding off for another week until we have a chance to give it the full workup. (We’re also finishing up a round of other software updates.)

tttp
    Participant

Great!, Thanks a lot.
    Anyway, I was checking a little and seems to work
    best

Windell Oskay
    Keymaster

We’ve seen an abnormally large number of bug and issue reports from people in a few different reporting locations (forums, user groups, formal bug reports), and we are temporarily advising against upgrading, especially on Mac. (I have every confidence in the Inkscape team to work things out, but it may take a quick bug-fix release before things are genuinely stable.)

Snobahr
    Participant

So, it’s been a few months… have things improved 0.92-wise? 

Windell Oskay
    Keymaster

Unfortunately, not enough for us to recommend it yet.

They did put out a quick bug fix release (0.92.1) in February release to correct a couple of major issues. However, they are still recommending that Mac users stay on 0.91 for the time being. Between that and the physical-DPI change between versions (ugh), we have decided to continue to recommend 0.91 for all platforms for the time being.

If you have a use case where it’s important to get the AxiDraw up and running under 0.92, please let me know what that case is and which platform you are on, and I’ll see what I can do.

Don
    Participant

This isn’t important, but it would be nice.
    I’d love to use my Raspberry Pi model B 3 to drive my Axidraw V3, but am having trouble finding a port of Inkscape 0.91 to install. Do you know if such a version exists? Should I just try to build it from source on my Pi?

Windell Oskay
    Keymaster

We do have a version available that supports 0.92 — so that’s fine to use, if you contact us (via contact form).

Also, for RPi, you might want to use the stand-alone version of the software (CLI or python based) to avoid the Inkscape overhead.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.