Place to show off your eggbot art

Home Evil Mad Scientist Forums Egg-Bot Place to show off your eggbot art

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Shel
    Participant

I couldn’t find a place to show off my eggbot artistic attempts, and thought maybe other people would like to show off theirs, so I made a Facebook group called EggBot Art Gallery at https://www.facebook.com/groups/886835614773164/

Would love to see what you’re doing with your EggBot – come on over, it’s intended to be a friendly place.  And right now I’m the only group member, so I sure could use some more e-company!  8^)

Shel
    Participant

Anyone?

Windell Oskay
    Keymaster

I’m not very active on facebook, but I understand that there is at least one other eggbot-oriented egg art group there. :)

Shel
    Participant

The only other one I found is Eggers Egg-Bot Group, and I joined it some time ago.  Turns out it’s really more about decorating ostrich eggs with rhinestones and lace and such.  Do you know of a different one?

Windell Oskay
    Keymaster

No, that’s the one. I’m afraid that the set of people who want to share EggBot artwork and wish to do so on facebook may not be large enough for a whole lot of groups.

zeighty
    Participant

Shel – I visited the FB group that you created. Waiting for you to approve me. My EB is scheduled to be here tomorrow.
    Looking forward to contributing to the page.

Shel
    Participant

Oh, I guess I’ve been lax – sorry!  Welcome to the group, I know you’ll have fun with your eggbot!  Which model is it?

zeighty
    Participant

Thanks for the quick reply. After much research I selected a Pro. The Thanksgiving discount played a big role in that decision as well . I have much to learn as I am not experienced in SVG files. I opened a PNG file in Inkscape and saved it as a SVG file, it appears to have worked. And I really don’t understand layers yet. I get the concept, but the practical application was stumping me last night.
    I also have more of an interest in spherical items as opposed to eggs. I’m going to start at Hobby Lobby and look for some plain ornaments. I purchased two packs of Sharpie Precision pens that appear to have the shape and size that will fit the penholder, we’ll see.
    I downloaded the Github repository to get the example files which seem to be quite good. Searching for artwork and advice (how-to & artwork) on ornaments or spherical items has been less successful than I would’ve thought.

dnewman
    Participant

> Searching for artwork and advice (how-to & artwork) on ornaments or spherical items has been less successful than I would’ve > thought. 

Try thingiverse.com
    Search for “eggbot” in their search tool.  It’ll turn up a variety of related “things”, many of which will include SVG artwork.  I know that in many of mine out there, I tried to include some very basic instructions relevant to the thing itself (e.g., http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:7099).
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.