Reflowing Multi Line Text with Hershey Advanced

Home Evil Mad Scientist Forums AxiDraw Reflowing Multi Line Text with Hershey Advanced

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Walker
    Participant

Hello, I have been using my Axidraw to write documents in simulated handwriting. Many of these documents contain long paragraphs which I set up using flowed text boxes. The issue is that when I run the text through Hershey Advanced, some of the lines end up overflowing the box. Screenshots attached below:

Is there any way to reflow the text so that words can be moved to a new line if they aren’t going to fit inside the margin of the page?

Flowed text
    After running Hershey Advanced

Windell Oskay
    Keymaster

No, I’m afraid that there isn’t at present. This is due to a subtle change in the latest version of Inkscape. Rather than providing a full paragraph of text and bounds to the extensions, Inkscape is now providing the text only one line at a time.

We are aware of the issue, and we are working on it. In the mean time, we recommend manually adding returns to your paragraphs, shortening the horizontal bounds, and/or using a placeholder font that closely matches the stroke font in spacing.

If you would like us to follow up with you when there’s a new version available, please contact tech support by email or through our contact form.

Windell Oskay
    Keymaster

We haven’t quite finished the update for the new version yet, but there is a workaround that you might prefer to use. In Inkscape preferences, under Tools > Text, unselect the “Use SVG 2 auto-flowed text” option. This will revert Inkscape to use the prior syntax for new flowed text blocks that you create.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.