Hello, I’ve been printing SVGs in 8.5 x 11 for a couple of days happily with my new AxiDraw A3 size. Today, I changed my document size to 6 x 8 and the plotter keeps printing what appears to be 8.5 x 11 positioning. I’ve triple checked Doc settings, how clean the SVG is etc. And I can’t get it to print 6×8 image centered.
Use case problem recreated:
1. I set the doc size to custom 6×8 page size.
2. I import an SVG image and center it (roughly 3×3 centered on 6×8)
3. I check to make sure I have the correct hardware config in AxiDraw Control, which I do.
4. I make sure with motors off that the plotter head is at 0,0.
5. I insert my pen and run the plotter.
Result, the plotter will move down and to the right a bit, then draw my 3×3 image on the right hand side of my 6×8.
I don’t know what is happening. Things I “think” might be happening:
1. It somehow can’t forget the original 8×11 setting in some odd way
2. The motors are broken (doubt that)
3. My SVG has some hidden 8.5×11 container that keeps throwing my image off
4. When the pen initiates it first moves to find what appears to be a new 0,0 x,y starting point.
This topic was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by Carlos. Reason: Typos
It isn’t clear from your description exactly what the situation is.
A couple of first things to check:
* Is the upper-left corner of the 6×8 paper under the pen when you start plotting?
* Could this be an “automatic rotation” issue– that is, one that could be fixed by rotating your paper 90 degrees before printing?