Tiny Cut Method Help

Home Evil Mad Scientist Forums Egg-Bot Tiny Cut Method Help

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    xMWY
    Participant

So I just got my EggBot and was attempting to fill in some logos with the hatches (rough) method and keep running in to issues where it won’t detect the middle of a logo that does not need to be filled in. On the forums, I saw a method where you insert a small rectangle to trick the software but I am having trouble understanding exactly how to do it. If someone could post some pictures or a detailed explanation on how to do it, I would really appreciate it!

Windell Oskay
    Keymaster

See here for details:
    https://wiki.evilmadscientist.com/Creating_filled_regions#Hatch_Path_Effect_Method

In most cases, using EggBot > Hatch Fill will be easier, and give acceptable results.

xMWY
    Participant

Thanks for your response. I saw the page you had sent before and just didn’t understand how it works exactly. I’ve been using the hatch fill method but sometimes the lines will get messed up or take a while to fill in so I just wanted to try a different method. For the tiny cut method, I just don’t understand what it means when it says we will “subtract it from the shape”. If you could provide maybe like a step by step for me to follow and test, that would be great!

Windell Oskay
    Keymaster

If your lines are getting messed up in the regular Hatch Fill, reduce the tolerance parameter value.

The missing part in subtracting/intersecting/etc is that there are a number of operations in the “Path” menu within Inkscape. If you select two shapes within Inkscape, then use the Path > Difference, Path > Intersection, Path > Union (etc) to add and subtract them in different ways.

xMWY
    Participant

Is there anyway you could post screenshots or anything to help me out? I tried a couple of the things that you mentioned and nothing seemed to work. I don’t know if it has to do with the logo I’m using or if I’m just not doing the correct steps.

Windell Oskay
    Keymaster

Those are screenshots on the page there.
    From “nothing seemed to work,” I don’t have much to go on. If you can say what it is that did not work as expected, I may be able to help. Please be very specific.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.