Trying to plot some sketches but always a stop with: IndexError: string index out of range

Home Evil Mad Scientist Forums AxiDraw Trying to plot some sketches but always a stop with: IndexError: string index out of range

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    tttp
    Participant

I just received my plotter

Excited with the first test, but every time I try to make a drawing the plotter stop with an error

Macosx Capitan
    Inkscape 0.91 r13725

Please any help?
    best from spain
    dani

Traceback (most recent call last):
      File “axidraw.py”, line 2047, in <module>
        e.affect()
      File “/Applications/Inkscape.app/Contents/Resources/share/inkscape/extensions/inkex.py”, line 268, in affect
        self.effect()
      File “axidraw.py”, line 253, in effect
        self.plotDocument()
      File “axidraw.py”, line 519, in plotDocument
        self.recursivelyTraverseSvg( self.svg, self.svgTransform )
      File “axidraw.py”, line 584, in recursivelyTraverseSvg
        self.recursivelyTraverseSvg( node, matNew, parent_visibility=v )            
      File “axidraw.py”, line 641, in recursivelyTraverseSvg
        self.plotPath( node, matNew )
      File “axidraw.py”, line 1051, in plotPath
        self.PlanTrajectory(singlePath)
      File “axidraw.py”, line 1343, in PlanTrajectory
        self.plotSegmentWithVelocity( inputPath[0] , inputPath[1] ,TrajVels[i-1] , TrajVels)
      File “axidraw.py”, line 1827, in plotSegmentWithVelocity
        if strButton[0] == ‘1’: #button pressed
    IndexError: string index out of range

Windell Oskay
    Keymaster

While it doesn’t say so directly, this error actually indicates that there has been a communication error with the machine. Most often, we have seen this kind of thing when someone is using either (1) an extra long USB cable (2) an extra thin USB cable, or (3) a USB extension cord, but there are some other things that might cause this. If you are using a cable like one of those, you might try using the one that came in the box. If you are using the cable that came in the box, you might try a different cable (if one is handy), just to rule out that it isn’t our cable that is defective.

If the machine is behaving itself otherwise, we do have a newer version of the software that you might try, which catches and can “ride over” some of these nonfatal bumps. (The software is available on github, but if you e-mail us through our contact form, we can e-mail the full bundle to you, and that’s likely easier.)
    tttp
    Participant

Ok,

thanks,
    I am using the cable that came in the box
    But  I am going to try with another cable

I sent already a mail, thanks
    d

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.