USB problems

Home Evil Mad Scientist Forums Egg-Bot USB problems

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    doktormichi
    Participant

After installing inkscape and running the setup procedure there is aleays no USB connection. I have tried it with an windows 8 laptop and also xp.
    Always the same: driver installed but under hardware setup problems with the driver.
    Any ideas??
    Yours Michael

Windell Oskay
    Keymaster

Can you please clarify what you mean by “under hardware setup problems with the driver?”  Does that mean that you were unable to install the driver?

doktormichi
    Participant

Yes,
    Driver installation failed
    Error code = 0x3EE

I tried the elder v10 driverinstaller and also the v20

Windell Oskay
    Keymaster

Your computer will definitely not be able to connect to the EggBot until the driver installed.

I have not seen this error before on Win 8 or XP.  It sounds like you may not have permission to install the driver on your system.   
    To run it, right-click and run as administrator.
    Bogoframe
    Participant

I seem to hae a similar issue.

The board is listet in the device manager (win10) under “serial port 8 Arduino Leonardo
    The USB driver installed successfully, but I still get the error message
    Failed to connect to EggBot. :(
    What am I missing?
    Lenore Edman
    Keymaster

The EggBot does not run on an Arduino Leonardo. Either your machine is not one of our EggBots or you also have an Arduino Leonardo connected to your computer. 

Windell Oskay
    Keymaster

I would also note that no driver installation is needed for the EBB under Windows 10– Windows will automatically detect and install the proper driver, even if you don’t run ours.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘USB problems’ is closed to new replies.