Use the Egg-Bot to draw on tiny spheres ?

Home Evil Mad Scientist Forums Egg-Bot Use the Egg-Bot to draw on tiny spheres ?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Jim
    Participant

Hello everybody,

I’m wondering if there is any (easy ?) way to use the Egg-Bot to draw on tiny (wood/plastic) spheres…
    The Egg-Bot specs state that the minimum size is 1.25″ (32 mm), but I would like to find a way to precisely draw on 10-15mm spheres (something like 0.5″ or a little more like 0.75″ max).

Maybe the Egg-Bot is not the right tool for me, but it sure looks sexy so I’m hoping to find a way to use it for my purposes. :-)

Thanks in advance for your help.

Jim
    Windell Oskay
    Keymaster

It is certainly possible, if you’re willing to build your own custom fixtures to hold the spheres.  The egg holders that come with the EggBot are designed for objects above a certain size.  Issue (1) is that they don’t reach far enough to touch each other– you’ll need to extend both, in order to fit arbitrarily small objects.  Issue (2) is that the egg holders have a certain diameter, which (while appropriate for larger objects) will obscure quite a bit of a small sphere.  

All of the software and motion control will essentially work fine for you, but you do need to worry about those two issues, and you may well be able to adapt it to work for you.
    Jim
    Participant

Thanks a lot for your fast answer !

If the fixtures are the only things to worry about, then it doesn’t seem like too much trouble.
    I assume there should be possible to quite easily make extended (and less large) fixtures y using wood, metal or even plastics.
    I’ll look into that.
    Again, thanks ! :-)
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.