The Supercapacitor Contest ends at midnight on Monday night, July 31. The end is near! This is not eBay; there is no advantage in waiting until the last minute. It’s your last chance to submit an entry and possibly win fame and/or fortune, in the form of ten sweet supercapacitors. To recap: submit your best idea for what to do with a bunch of 2.5 V, 1.5 F carbon aerogel capacitors with ultra low equivalent series resistance. To enter, leave your entry as a comment here or E-mail it to us. Keep reading to see some of the cool ideas that we’ve already received. Can you do better?
Here is a list of some (not all!) of the cool entries received thus far:
- a rechargable, reusable, hangover-murdering flashbang grenade
- dynamo powered flashlight
- a solar powered video transmitter that will send a still every few hours
- power a HV lifter
- string them up like firecrackers and apply enough voltage to make them explode!
- rapid-charging flashlight that uses superbright leds such as the Luxeon variety.
- a supercap based colloidal silver maker
- a portable multistage coilgun
- home-brew self defense tasers
- Make your own strobe light using the flash from a cheap old camera!
- Solar powered LED Blinkers
- a 9v form factor quick-recharging battery
- Measure how long your desk is in capacitor-widths, and Claim your desk is X farads long.
- fashion electronics! glowing earings, necklaces, bracelets, funky glowing clothes and best of all, everything is rechargable!
- Mod your wireless mouse to use these.
- home made shake-flashlight(s)
- solar powered evil mad scientist laboratories logo night light
- Connect them to electricity the opposite way so they all blow
- make one giant supercapacitor and stick it in your front yard for the whole world to see geekiness
- a portable Waveguide EMP gun
Have you got something better than anything on this list? Time’s running out– and good luck!