- Knitted Algorithms and fractal stamps.
- Brilliant flat-panel solar clock.
- DARPA bumper sticker.
- Overly cute Robot Scarf with tutorial.
- Autonomous Foosball Table.
- Evil Mad Scientist Laboratories officially endorses this Zelda Quilt (of power) by the makers of the incredible Galaga quilt.
- I just can’t help loving zip tie rings. [Via Make]
- Fiber optic candy. Here is the patent. Now where can I buy some?
- Dancing Davros.
- Hacking Signs for a higher purpose.
- Be sure to get your Bittersweets in time for VD this year.
- K’nex + LEDs = awesome, surprisingly enough.
- Breadboard cake.
- Cuttlefish don’t recognize it when they see themselves.
- A litter of young chips, nursing.
- Cat Scratch Dog.
- 555 metronome.
- Grow Moss in a Pot!
- The largest known volcanic explosion in Earth’s history happened in … modern day Colorado.
- And the biggest (recorded) earthquake in the USA was in modern day Missouri.
- FSM Wirework.
- Mupcakes. Like the Muppetones, but edible.
- When you want to find a comparison between Sottocenere al Tartufo and Speziato al Tartufo, the Cheese Mistress comes through.
- The HSC Electronic Supply branch in Sacramento, CA has closed. Liquidation sale: January 18 & 19, 10A-5P. “Everything MUST GO, including the fixtures!” (p-a-r-t-y?)
3 thoughts on “Linkdump: January 2008”
Not quite the same thing but how about glowing gummy bears?
I found a package at a gift store in Holmes county, Ohio (Amish country, of all places) – they come with little plastic tongs. The tongs have an embedded LED in the tip. Squeeze the tweezers to pick up a gummy bear, a switch is closed, the LED lights, and the gummy bear glows as it diffuses the light.
The tongs say “Kandy Kastle” on them. Here’s something similar.
Sounds right up your alley.
thank you so much for linking to my moss experiment! They are still doing well. Cheers!
I attended the sale at HSC. It’s sad to see such a resource be lost, but I got some great stuff!
Comments are closed.