Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
dg1Participant
Super, thanks. A novel use for your fascinating product.
dg1ParticipantWith regard to your second paragraph advising how to move a stylus, I understand and appreciate that. That would be a bonus, the main goal is to get the keyboard working. Us evil mad scientists tend to do our best work after midnight but it’s almost time for me to think about sleep. (I’ve actually got servos working pressing function keys on my keyboard, but they aren’t as reliable as I would like. So Axidraw seems to be my off the shelf reliable solution.)
dg1ParticipantI see your point (no pun intended), but many modern keyboards require very little pressure to press a key. I can just use a pen heavy enough to press a key but light enough to be lifted by the Axidraw vertical servo. I just did a test with some quarters, and 1.5 ounces worth of quarters depresses a key gently. I suspect that the Axidraw can handle a pen weighing 1.5 ounces. I don’t see the maximum weight in the Axidraw specs. Can you tell me if it can handle a pen weighing, say, 2 ounces?
dg1ParticipantSorry! Axidraw.
-
AuthorPosts