Yes, it’s that time again when we round up and post some of the cool stuff out there on the interwebs:
- First, check out this remarkable movie of Robot Arm Clocks. The creativity and resourcefulness shown in this project is astounding– look at all the different kinds of clocks that they made– holy cow.
- Those of you who are into AVRs and LEDs (you know who you are) might like to look at this page of LED games. It’s in Japanese, but worth the effort to look. (You can always cheat and translate it too.) Source code is there for the downloading, kits are available– in Japan at least– and there’s also an alpha-stage version of BASIC for AVR there too.
- Those of you who are not into AVRs and LEDs, but want to be, please check out Ladyada’s new, extensive, and growing AVR tutorial.
- Next, get yourself an RC Predator kit. Includes digital camera.
See also: this DIY version.
- Anybody for Dust hockey?
- Here is something that I thought was needed and somebody else did it so I don’t have to: It’s a list of readily available chemicals.
- Neat scale models of planets and stars. (The Sun I can grok. Antares, not so much.)
- Excellent Periodic table satchel at Etsy. Sold out, but you should tell the seller to make you one.
- An oldie but goodie: the Britney Spears guide to Semiconductor Physics tells you, in gory detail, how laser diodes work. (I took a semiconductor laser class in grad school. This was one of the references that we were given. Really.)
- Not exactly CandyFab, but this rock-candy jewelry is interesting.
- Tinkerlog has more AVR-ish goodness.
- Awesome FedEx Shirt
- Serious Eats. Cool food blog.
- Tastespotting. Food pseudo-blog for the
- Kawaii Not, the web comic for cute gone bad. Link goes to my favorite strip.
- Graphical resistor color calculator
- A report from Julian Bleecker (techkwondo.com) about ordering PCBs from Gold Phoenix.
- Cocktail Party Physics. Another sciencey blog.
- There’s something odd, amusing, and slightly awesome about these dog wheelchairs. Their anti-bite collars aren’t bad either.
- Fun online Crystal lattice toy
- More playing with food.