Back from the dead: The Evil Mad Scientist Linkdump. Last seen circa 2010, the Linkdump is our occasional collection of interesting links. You can find our archived linkdumps here.
- New research on the Five Second Rule.
- Glyphter, the SVG Font Machine
- Do you live within 35 miles of the line between Kingston, NY and NYC? Are you far enough from the city to see stars at night? If so, you might be able to watch an asteroid occult a bright star on March 20th.
- Dan Sheadel writes on twitter: “If Linux+Git+Eagle users want to use visual diffs between board revisions, I’ve written a tool to help out.” See also our posts on the subject (1, 2).
- Ryszard’s “marble machine 3” in pictures at Woodgears.ca
- In January, Microsoft joined the Open Compute project. (Another big name in large-scale Open Source Hardware.)
- Helix is a small new museum and community space located in Los Altos, CA, operated by the Exploratorium.
- Use a Mac and design circuits? LTspice IV now runs native on the Mac. (Much easier than the old way!)
- Vintage awesomeclock: The Telechron Occlusion Clock