Our Egg-Bot kit— a compact open-source robotics platform –is on schedule to come out later this summer, and we could use a little help getting it ready. We’re looking for 2-3 more volunteers with programming experience to help us test and polish our cross-platform Inkscape driver.
As a volunteer, you’ll get (1) to be one of the first to play with these awesome little machines, (2) an acknowledgement in the kit release, and of course (3) a prerelease Egg-bot kit (screwdriver-type assembly but no soldering required) that you can keep.
Here are the baseline requirements:
- At least two platforms (of Mac, Linux, and Windows) that you can test things on
- Programming experience in Python
- US resident (A matter of mailing time, in this case!)
- Enough free time and enthusiasm to help out with the project this month
If you meet these requirements (especially the enthusiasm part), drop us a line on our contact form and let us know a bit about you.
We’ll be accepting applications through July 9.
We’ll be giving bonus points for the following as well, so be sure and let us know:
- Enthusiasm for and/or experience in robotics education
- Mad art skillz
- Mad programming skillz
- You happen to be located in Silicon Valley
- Cross-platform experience in python
- Experience with Inkscape
- Experience with Processing
Update: Holy crap that was fast— we’re already overwhelmed by volunteers– you guys rock!