Yesterday I gave a talk at the inaugural Plotter People meetup titled Plotter Projects from Evil Mad Scientist Laboratories. My slides were a series of pictures from our projects, so rather than publish the presentation itself, I’m publishing a list of links to all of the projects I talked about.
The first part of the talk was introductory information about Evil Mad Scientist with some example projects from our blog and our early kits.
- Interactive LED Dining Table
- Interactive LED Coffee Tables: Update and kits!
- Larson Scanner
- Fractal Snowflake Cupcakes
- Bristlebot: A tiny directional vibrobot
- Asteroids (the edible kind)
- Circuitry Snacks
The main part of the talk delved into all of our plotter related projects, including hacking plotters, things we’ve made from plotters, software we’ve made for use with plotters, and plotters we’ve made.
- An AVR-based Analog Plotbot with an E-Paper Display
- Solid freeform fabrication: DIY, on the cheap, and made of pure sugar
- Finally, CNC toast!
- The CandyFab 6000
- The Egg-Bot Kit
- Ostrich Eggbot
- The MarshMallowMatic
- Introducing the EggBot Pro
- A Diamond Engraving Tool for Eggbot
- The Egg-Bot Electro-Kistka
- STEM at the White House Easter Egg Roll
- Vector Snowflake Application
- SymmetriSketch: A simple app for playing with symmetry
- Operation: CNC Snowflake
- CNC halftones with ASCII art
- Hershey Text: An Inkscape extension for engraving fonts
- StippleGen 2
- Introducing The WaterColorBot
- White House Science Fair Roundup
- Introducing WaterColorBot 2.0
- Introducing the AxiDraw
- Introducing the AxiDraw V3
- AxiDraw V3 XLX
- AxiDraw V3/A3
- The AxiDraw SE/A3
- AxiDraw Accessories
- AxiDraw CLI (beta)
- AxiDraw Python API (beta)
Many thanks to Plotter People for inviting me to speak!
2 thoughts on “Plotter People Talk”
Hey Lenore, was your talk recorded at all? For those out of SF :)
Yes, the video is up on YouTube.
Comments are closed.